Sunday, November 4, 2012

Protection

I was back at home for the weekend, which was longer, because of the All Saints' Day. Somehow I felt the need to listen to some older U2 records. And guess what song stuck in my ear - Wake Up Dead Man. It may seem creepy at first (concerning the holiday), but when you look at the lyrics...
Jesus, I'm waiting here boss
I know you're looking out for us
But maybe your hands aren't free
Your father, He made the world in seven
He's in charge of heaven
Will you put in a word in for me
I had it in mind during the whole weekend. Today (Sunday) I listened to a powerful teaching about God's love and I'll try to compress it into 4 sentences:
1. God did not promise that He will keep us from hardship, but that He will be with us in the midst of it.
2. You may feel like God does not love you, but know that he does (Romans 8:38-39).
3. His love is personified in Jesus
4. God loves you, he always has, he always will.
Later this day, I drove my car back to where I study/work. On a highway, when travelling at 140 km/h (87 mph) I got a flat tire... and I guess Jesus did put in a word in for me because nobody (along with 4 passengers) got hurt, nobody. No other car hit us and my car itself was undamaged (except for the tire). God protected me, I know he loves me, praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment