Saturday, October 27, 2012

Time travel

I couldn't resist to title this post differently. Sorry, but it is a little bit misleading. I'm not going to talk about the complexities and nuances of time travelling, mostly because I don't feel like and it's pointless, since it is not possible (well, not yet). What I want to talk about is how much time can be wasted when you travel. This last few months I have spent countless hours in journey. The situation would be different if I had a companion, but a vast majority of this travels I spent alone. Unfortunately, I slept through most of the trips. I wouldn't go as far as to say that all this times sleep was a waste, but in some cases for sure. That is why, I have recently started to read books, as simple as that! But still this thought appears that I could be doing something else, more productive, like read not... lets say... casual books but academic ones, or scientific publications. Not to mention I could study the Scripture, or learn verses by heart. I hate the feeling that the time is wasted, either because of me or due to reasons I have no control over. In the first case I can do something about it, hence the book reading and hopefully something more, but from time to time - I got to give myself a beak once in a while. Insomuch in the second case, since I'm powerless, my frustration grows. To end on a more cheerful note, staying at home doing nothing is surprisingly more often NOT time wasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment